what does this do?

Blogroll

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Honda 9.9 and 15 Outboard Remote Control Throttle Kit:
This would have been much easier with directions – really not sure why they were not included.  I only found 1 picture on the web – so all those out there looking to do the same here’s # 2.  I would keep it as a tiller handle setup - but that's not how my boat is setup.

I’m planning on wiring the kill/stop switch up to the remote control.  Logically, I’d rather have the switch with a lanyard forward in the event that I’m fishing alone, etc.   So far I like Honda’s thinking.  When it came to installing the kit things were pretty straight forward. Just make note that the shift leveler goes on the starboard side directly in-front of the charging cable outlet and the throttle attaches inside the carburetor's arm plate port side. Oh yeah, this a PULL version - not common knowledge.  I'm going to use a Morse MV-3 Control - I got a good deal on a used one recycled out of a ski boat.  I know this will accept 33c cables and are universal - push/pull customers choice. Also, it has a brake on it which makes going out on the boat a little safer.   

After some consideration - I think I'm going to rebuild the carburetors. It just makes more sense to do it now.  Hopefully, in another month or so I'll have things all pulled together. I'll have to wait for one warmer day with low wind to paint.  Kind of looking forward to finishing it.  I'll still need to get the lower unit, battery, wiring and parts installed.  And, if I have time I'd like to reconsider the bow of the boat by bringing the seat around to its sides more like a bow rider for storage, etc.  Also, I've got a new boat cover on the way from Wholesale Marine.  The tarp that's on there now is not road worthy, so I can do the 2 birds, 1 stone thing.      

  

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger
Blogging Fusion Blog Directory